If you’re a fan of Asian food I have a feeling you’ll love this Paleo Chicken Stir Fry. It has those spicy, sweet, sour and bitter flavours that Asian cuisine is known for but is rendered healthy by using mindful, natural ingredients. It also happens to be easy and quick, which makes it perfect for a weeknight dinner!
I learned a long time ago that when it comes to stir-fries, the secret is to have all of your meat, veggies and sauce prepared before you start cooking. It’s also very important to have the cooking heat turned way up high. Low heat will cause things to steam in the pan and that’s not the flavour we want to build here.
The Ballarini Rialto Frying Pan is absolutely perfect for this recipe. It can handle high heat cooking. The heat is well distributed throughout the pan, resulting in even cooking. The 12.5″ diameter provides extra surface area to cook things quickly and is large enough to handle a family-sized meal. I also love to serve dinner straight from the pan so it helps to have one that is presentable!
In case you didn’t know, I’ve partnered with Ballarini Canada to give away one of these pans to a lucky Primal Gourmet reader. Click here for full details. I think you’ll love it!
Give this recipe a go and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Paleo Chicken Stir Fry
For the sauce:
3 tbsp coconut aminos
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
juice of half a lime
1 tsp ginger – grated
1 tsp garlic – grated
1 thai bird chili – finely chopped (deseeded for mild spice)
2 organic, free-range, boneless, skinless chicken breasts – thinly sliced
1 medium cooking onion – diced
1 celery stalk – sliced on bias
1 red bell pepper – diced
230 gr cremini mushrooms – quartered
2 cups broccoli florets
2 thai bird chilies – finely sliced (optional depending on spice tolerance)
2 scallions – finely sliced for garnish
1/2 cup unsalted cashews
sesame seeds – for garnish
1 tbsp coconut oil
for the sauce:
- thoroughly combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside
for the stir-fry:
- In a large, non-stick frying pan heat 1 tbsp coconut oil over high heat
- Add chicken and stir-fry until cooked through and no longer pink. Discard any rendered juices and transfer chicken to a bowl – set aside.
- Stir-fry onions, celery, bell pepper, mushroom, broccoli, and thai bird chilies over high heat (approx. 5-6 minutes). Add cashews and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stir-fry sauce you’ve prepared and let simmer until slightly reduced. Add the chicken back to the pan and stir everything to combine.
- **Tip: if the sauce is too loose for your liking, mix 1 tsp arrowroot starch with 3 tsp water and add to stir-fry sauce to thicken.
- Garnish the Paleo Chicken Stir Fry with sliced scallions, sesame seeds and serve.