It doesn’t get much easier or delicious than this Roasted Curried Cauliflower. So delicious, in fact, that I can devour an entire head of cauliflower (and often do) when it’s prepared this way. I particularly enjoy it with some homemade Tahini Sauce, which is just as easy to whip up in no time at all.
I kept things simple today, focusing just on the roasted curried cauliflower and tahini sauce. We enjoyed it as an appetizer, but it makes for a really nice lunch with a side salad.
For heartier fare, you can take things further and turn it into a complete meal by adding some diced potatoes and chicken thighs or drumsticks to the sheet pan. Everything gets tossed in the same oils and spices, but the cooking time would increase by just a bit. I’ve done this several times and it always comes out delicious. Especially when done on a Traeger Grill!
What You Need For Roasted Curried Cauliflower
You don’t need much here! Just some cauliflower, extra-virgin olive oil, curry powder, salt and pepper. That’s it! It’s extremely simple, but it packs a seriously flavourful punch thanks to the curry powder.
Oh, you’ll also need a sheet pan (I like this brand)! For an entire head of cauliflower you will want a full-sized sheet pan (26″ x 18″) or two half sheet pans (around 18″ x 13″). The trick to getting crispy cauliflower is to spread it out evenly across the pan and leave a bit of room between each floret. This will allow for hot air to circulate between the florets, which results in browning.
What you Need for Tahini Sauce
Just like the roasted curried cauliflower, you don’t need much for the tahini sauce. It’s just a combination of 100% pure sesame seed paste, lemon juice, garlic, salt and water.
You can either make it by hand, in a bowl with a whisk. Or, in a food processor. Either way works, but doing it by hand will leave you with less cleanup and stronger arms! Win-win!
Is it Easy to Make the Roasted Curried Cauliflower?
Short answer: so easy! Simply chop the cauliflower into florets, add them to a sheet pan with some sliced onion, drizzle with some olive oil and season with curry powder, salt and pepper. Toss everything to coat, pop it in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes and serve it with some homemade tahini sauce. Done!
With just a few ingredients, you'll have this delicious and easy-to-make crispy Roasted Curried Cauliflower with Tahini Sauce on the table in no time at all!
- ½ cup 100% pure toasted sesame seed paste tahini
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup ice cold water
- 1 head cauliflower – cut into florets
- 1 medium yellow onion – thinly sliced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- In a bowl, combine the sesame seed paste, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Whisk until combined and a paste forms. While continuously whisking, slowly pour in the water a little bit at a time until the sauce is smooth and can coats the back of a spoon. If your tahini sauce is too thick, add a bit more water. If it’s too runny, add a bit more sesame seed paste.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add the cauliflower and onion to the sheet pan, drizzle with oil, and season with curry powder, salt and pepper. Toss to coat and spread out into a single layer. Transfer to oven and roast, tossing halfway, until the cauliflower is golden brown and fork-tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Spoon the tahini sauce into a serving bowl and top with the roasted cauliflower and onions. Serve immediately.