Grilled Chile Lime Chicken Wings
Sweet, spicy, tangy and delicious, these Grilled Chile Lime Chicken Wings will be the life of your next cookout!
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1.5 tablespoons sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 1 large clove garlic finely chopped or grated
- ¼ cup unsalted roasted cashews, finely chopped
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
Preheat Traeger Grill to 425F. Rinse chicken wings in cold water and pat very dry with a paper towel.
In a bowl, combine the wings, avocado oil, paprika, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place the wings in the center of the grill in a single layer and cook until crispy and 185F internal, around 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the sambal, honey, lime zest, lime juice, and garlic. Whisk to combine and set aside.
Once the wings are cooked, add them to the bowl with the sauce and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with the cashews and scallions. Serve immediately.
1. Traeger grills use indirect heat to cook so flipping the wings is not entirely necessary.
2. To prevent a grease fire, place the wings over the grease pan so that any of the drippings are caught.
3. If grilling with gas or charcoal, cook the wings over direct, medium heat, flipping occasionally until cooked through.
4. If using an oven, place the wings on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and roast at 425F for around 30 minutes. No need to flip halfway.