BLT Egg Salad Sammies - Whole30, Paleo
These BLT Egg Salad Sammies make for a quick and easy breakfast. Prepare the egg salad ahead of time so that you can put everything together in a few minutes.
- 6 large eggs preferably free-range, organic
- 3 rashers sugar-free bacon cooked until crispy and finely chopped - some reserved for garnish (in the Toronto area: check WholeFoods, Ambrosia, Organic Garage)
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves finely chopped
- 1/3 cup or more compliant mayo
- kosher salt and freshly-cracked black pepper to taste
- cherry tomatoes sliced in half for garnish
- 1 heart romaine lettuce for serving
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Use a slotted spoon to gently submerge eggs. Boil exactly 11minutes. Transfer eggs to ice bath for 3-4 minutes to stop cooking. Peel eggs under water to help release from shell.
Add eggs to a mixing bowl and smash with a fork (you can also chop with a knife or use a cheese grater - watch your knuckles).
Add cooked bacon, celery, onion, parsley, mayo. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as required.
Spoon egg salad onto romaine, top with reserved bacon bits and tomato.
Serve to unsuspecting guests that you have invited over for BLT’s. Watch as their jaws drop