If you’re looking to spice up those packs of ground meat in your fridge (literally and figuratively), give these Grilled Kefta Kebabs a shot. They’re quick, easy, and delicious. Personally, I like using equal parts ground beef and ground lamb, but you’re the boss, applesauce. No matter what you choose, I recommend my two secret ingredients for extra tasty kefta: some baking soda, which tenderizes the meat, and some finely chopped tomato, which keeps the meat super juicy as it cooks!
Try serving the grilled kefta as an appetizer or with my Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Tahini and a chopped salad for some delicious, Middle-Eastern vibes.
Whole30 Grilled Kefta Kebab - Paleo
meat in your fridge (literally and figuratively), give these Whole30 Grilled Kefta
Kebabs a shot!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef or lamb
- 1 roma tomato finely chopped
- ½ yellow onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground sumac plus extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. With clean hands, mix until combined.
- Lightly wet your hands with water and shape into meatballs slightly larger than a golf ball. Form into log shapes approximately 3-inches long and skewer them, lengthwise.
- Preheat grill to high heat for 5 minutes. Transfer kebabs to grill and cook until browned, around 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned and to your desired doneness, another 4 minutes.