This Whole30 Shrimp and Scallop Stir Fry takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and can be adapted in a number of different ways. Feel free to substitute your favourite vegetables in place of the ones listed here. After all, I was just using what I had in the fridge!
Not a fan of snow peas? Use broccoli!
Can’t get your kids to eat carrots? Try water chestnuts?
Saving your celery for morning juice? Throw some bok choy in there!
You can also make this with chicken or beef, if so desired. Again, I relied on what I had in the freezer!
Whole30 Shrimp and Scallop Stir Fry
- 400 gr 20-40 bay scallops
- ½ lbs shrimp
- 1 carrot – thinly sliced on a bias
- 2 stalks celery – thinly sliced on a bias
- 1 bell pepper orange, red or green
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 red finger chili pepper
- 3 green onions – thinly sliced; green and white parts separated
- fresh basil – for garnish
- 3-4 tbsp avocado oil
For the Stir-Fry Sauce:
- 2 cloves garlic – finely chopped or grated
- 1 tbsp ginger root– finely chopped or grated
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- Add all stir-fry sauce ingredients to a mason jar, seal with a lid and shake vigorously to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat a large, heavy-bottomed skillet, work or braiser over high heat. When pan is hot, add 2-3 tbsp avocado oil followed by carrot, celery, bell pepper, snow peas, chili pepper and the white part of the green onions. Stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until vegetables have slightly softened. Transfer cooked veggies to a bowl and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp avocado oil followed by shrimp and scallops. Cook undisturbed 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Pour in stir-fry sauce and cook 1-2 minutes or until reduced by half in volume.
- Return vegetables to pan and toss everything to coat. Remove from heat, add green parts of the green onion and torn fresh basil. Serve immediately over cauliflower rice.